REGISTERED OFFICE: 103 MAIN STREET, FIVEMILETOWN, CO TYRONE. BT75 0PG
1. How we process personal data
For people who contact us through our website
We use the personal data you have provided to us to respond to your queries when you contact us. Our legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of our firm. If you become a client, your personal data will become part of your file with us. If you do not become a client, we will delete your personal data 3 months after your last contact with us.
For people who sign up for our newsletter
Occasionally, we use the contact information you have provided us to send you items of interest and other updates. Our legal basis for this processing is the consent that you provided when you signed up. We always include an unsubscribe option in our marketing communications, so you can opt out of receiving such communications at any time. We will retain your contact information until you unsubscribe or opt out.
For people whose information we received from one of our clients
If you are an employee, contractor, customer, supplier, or family member of one of our clients, we might receive and process your personal data as part of our engagement with that client. That personal data may include your name, contact information, financial information such as salary or payments, and other information held by our client. We will only process your data in order to provide our accounting, tax, audit or other services to our client. Our legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in fulfilling our professional and contractual obligations to our clients. We retain this data for a period of 7 years because we believe we have a legal responsibility to retain it for this period.
2. Whom we share data with
We share your personal data with our IT service providers, including our accounting software provider and our cloud data storage provider. These providers are not permitted to use this data, except on our behalf. We may share your personal data with advisors who are subject to rules of confidentiality. We may also be obliged to provide access to your personal data to regulators, including our professional body.
If we received your personal data from one of our clients, then we also share your personal data with that client.
We will not share your personal data with any other third parties, unless we have a legal or professional duty to do so.
3. Transfers of data outside the European Economic Area
Generally we do not transfer any data outside the European Economic Area. Should we ever do so in the future the safeguards we will put in place for this transfer will be to enter into European Commission approved standard contractual clauses with the provider.
4. Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.
5. Your rights
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exclusions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access - you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure - you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restrict or object to processing - you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability - you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
- Right to withdraw consent - if we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, or if you have questions or concerns about how we process your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at 103 Main Street, Fivemiletown, Co Tyrone. BT75 0PG. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, whose contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
7. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.